2020 MOE Taiwan Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to non-Chinese-heritage U.S. students who wish to enroll in a degree program in Taiwan. For instance, recipients enrolling in a Master’s program will receive a stipend of NT$20,000 per month for two years and tuition reimbursement upon validation up to NT$40,000 per semester. Ph.D. program for four years.
- Scholarship Guidelines https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XHUcIWmf8xjdyJ-nJdvhiVxyT1wJLcYi/view
- Application Form https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XDn_ye5IILFqnHhAcoyhuHhKWi6_nqtH/view
- Terms of Agreement https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PoWa1TOihXcXB5vSl0lnLPGR7MGguNhw/view
The following documents are required before the application can be processed:
- Completed https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XDn_ye5IILFqnHhAcoyhuHhKWi6_nqtH/view
- Official transcripts for all degree programs attained
- Study plan (Any supporting information, including resume, study motivation, academic goal, etc.)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Copy of results or certificate for the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) – Level 3 or above
(For applications to all-English programs, the TOCFL can be waived.)
- Passport (photo-page) copy
- Proof of application to a selected Taiwan university
(Applicants must apply directly to the schools of their choice.)
All documents above must be received by our office no later than March 31, 2020. We only accept applications from U.S. citizens whose permanent addresses are in IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, NE, OH, WI, ND and SD.
The list of successful applicants will be announced as the 2020 scholarship candidates at the end of April. In order to confirm the awards, these candidates are required to submit proof of admission from the Taiwanese universities they intend to attend before June 15, 2020.